Thursday, January 3, 2008

We'll never know what might have been

According to the Florida Sun Sentinel, Jorge Cantu's agent said Wednesday that his client is "pretty far along" on a potential contract with the Marlins.

Also, Matt Clement has signed with the Cardinals. There's one potential free agent off the list.

Reportedly, Cliff Lee from the Indians is available for trade. I'd love to see the Reds go after him.

On to college football... What's with the bowls this year? Is it just me, or are they totally boring? I hope Ohio State makes it boring and blows out LSU, but that's just a pipe dream. Predictions for a final score, anyone?

2 comments:

bob in ct said...

Still can't understand letting Cantu go for nothing, thought maybe it was because he was arbitration eligible, but seeing what he signed for couldn't Wayne have signed him as a free agent? Looks like the perfect Krivisky move low risk, high reward.
As far as Clement, all I can say is WOW!! what a great deal for him, and a big risk for the Cards. Glad we didn't sign him.
College football, not a majior interest living in CT. not any big time college programs (Boston college)the only one that comes close.

River Otter said...

I agree with Bob on Cantu. I'm still scratching my head on that one.